Engine Exchange Program
Description of a Rebuildable Core Engine:
- Core engine must be the same as the one that was ordered
- There should be no missing parts (bolts, cylinders, etc.).
- No modiﬁcation made (stock condition).
- Core in perfect condition for rebuilding (no damage, crack or welding). (Click here for repair cost examples)
- Core Cylinders must NOT be at maximum bore size and must be bore-able (otherwise a usable core cylinder must be purchased)
- Core engine consists of the Crankcase, Crankshaft, Cylinders, Pistons, Head and all other parts contained within.
The following parts should be removed from core if applicable:
- All electrical components (Magneto, Stator, Sensors,...)
- Intake and Exhaust Manifolds
- Motor Mounts
- Water Pump
- Oil Pump Assembly
- Oil Cooler
If you don't have the necessary tools or ability to remove the above parts without causing damage, leave them attached and we will remove them for you at a rate of $50/ hr. for the time it takes. Labor costs will be deducted from you core refund.
All of the engines we sell are sold on a Rebuildable Core Exchange basis. The core charge is included in price and will be refunded once your core is received, inspected and deemed rebuildable. The core should be shipped to Kelly's in a timely manner (within (20) twenty days of the billing date), if not we reserve the right to cancel the order or apply a late fee of 25% of the applicable core charge for each additional period of (10) ten days of delay. Core received should be the same model as the one purchased. Should you return another model than the one purchased, a charge for substitution will be deducted from your credit. Your core engine must be in rebuildable condition. Your core engine must be received and inspected prior the core charge being refunded and the replacement engine being shipped out. If excessive damage or missing parts are discovered upon inspection of your core, you will be notified of the cost to repair or to replace the damaged parts. If this is the case, the replacement engine will be shipped out once payment for the necessary repairs / replacement parts is received. If you decide not to go ahead with any repairs or purchase of replacement parts, unless we make arrangements to purchase the salvageable parts from you, your core will be shipped collect back to you.